In this role you will get the opportunity to work in a team of great developers who work hard every day on the features, applications and games that make up the Squla platform. You will optimise the Squla application; develop fun and engaging new game formats; collaborate with peers, producers and artists.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic gamer and technology geek who is able to get things done with a ‘can do’ attitude.You also have:
- a shiny track record in successful Unity app development, preferably games;
- experience with complex UI development;
- a solid academic grounding in computer science fundamentals including design patterns, data structures and algorithms;
- experience with agile workflows including unit testing and working in sprints;
- international outlook and affinity with the Squla product and audience;
- experience with or interest in HTML5 game development;
- a degree in computer science or equal (HBO/Academic);
- 3+ years’ experience in game development;
- nice to have: experience with multiplayer applications and/or API integrations.
How do we work?
The developers work in a small team, consisting of a mix of experienced, medior and junior-level developers. We build new features of Squla as well as support the live platform using agile scrum methodology with 2-week sprints.
The Squla office is located in a beautiful office on Weesperplein in central Amsterdam. We foster an informal yet professional atmosphere. We're enthusiastic about creating a fun, new way of learning.
We believe that a positive and energetic, yet relaxed, work environment is key to motivating our team to produce high quality products. We provide our team members with the resources they need to make sure they can do their jobs properly and get the results we aim for. Our team is diverse and everyone is excited about the work Squla is doing.
Every day, we have a team lunch, so the entire crew can relax and catch up with one another. Sometimes we have a short stroll, or you can try find our hidden ping pong table :)
This position is open only if you are eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.