Squla is the only online program for children to practise all the primary school subjects at home. Every child can play at it’s own level. For extra exercise, more challenge or to improve; every child has other reasons to be happy with Squla!
Squla is developed by game developers and education experts. Do you care about education? Do you believe in online education and do you want to become part of this online platform for educational games, where more than 130.000 children, parents and teachers interact?
To keep improving this platform and constantly renew and update Squla we are looking for only the best and ambitious Full Stack Developers.
In this role you will get the opportunity to work in an international team of great developers who are building the Squla platform which offers curriculum based gamified educational quizzes and real-time multiplayer games to primary school aged children at home and in the classroom.
Your typical day at work will involve
• Building end-to-end features that contribute to growing the Squla brand, its fun factor and ultimate effectiveness as a learning tool
• Taking part in planning sessions
• Testing your features and being fully responsible for them when they go live;
• Troubleshooting live issues
The Squla crew is a dynamic team that is enthusiastic about creating a fun, new way of learning in this ever-evolving digital age. We believe that a positive and energetic, yet relaxed, work environment not only encourages great teamwork, but is key to motivating our team to produce high quality products. We provide our team members with the resources they need to make sure they can do their jobs properly and get the results we aim for. Although our team is diverse and everyone brings their own interests and uniqueness to the table, every single person is excited about the great work Squla is doing.
What we want from you
• A Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• A thorough knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
• A good foundation in relational database concepts and practices
• The ability to write clean and maintainable code, following standards and guidelines
• A good understanding of common design patterns
• Experience writing automated tests
• Have non-trivial experience in a variety of programming languages, both dynamic and statically typed
• Have experience or a an interest to work with Python
• A team player, able to communicate across disciplines
• Enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for putting features live independently
Nice to have
• AWS or other cloud experience
• Experience with HTML5 games
• Experience with Unity
Why you want to work with us ;-)
• You will work in small teams of developers
• You work closely with Product Owners and Business Owners, using agile scrum methodology with 2-week sprints
• You work in a beautiful renovated office on the Weesperplein in the centre of Amsterdam
• You get a competitive salary, pension plan, 24 vacation days, travel allowance, macbook, healthy lunch every day, training budget, monthly drinks and a fun and informal atmosphere at the office.
This position is open only if you are eligible to work in the Netherlands (EU candidates or candidates with working permit for the Netherlands)
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.